Friday 11 September 2015

CLUB RUB SWITCH/Gender Benders

June 2015 Review by Rufai

I love anything that crosses the gender-bending, role-reversing and 'skinny indie boys' dressed as bimbo girls are YUM - my favourite! Or lavish plus-sized girls suited and booted, looking like tomboy/hard butch dykes with a 9 o’clock shadow, I tremble and go weak at the knees. I love the queer, the strange and the convoluted. That is what I expected to find at Club RUB’s Gender-Bendering SWITCH night.

If there was a specifically themed gender bender night each month, I would be there every time. I love the concept of letting your hair down, or in my case putting my hair up or a wig on, and meeting other folks who love to do the same!


attended with a good friend, who I had played with a few times. She was ready to test out her newly acquired canes. Once restrained in the dungeon, I relaxed and started to  listen to the classic dance and disco tunes playing on the dance floor, just a few feet away. The play area is on a stage platform, so you are definitely a star attraction and all eyes on you. Great if your they exhibitionist type.’




There was something exhilarating about swaying my butt in time to the music and also being caned and flogged to the rhythm and beat of the dance tracks. As I came off the stage, after enjoying a two hour session on the flogging bench, (good job folks were generally warming up first few hours), I witnessed this other gentleman dressed in pink frilly knickers and a tight white nightgown, getting his balls flogged by a lady who just a few minutes ago had been winking at me! As my Domme friend gave me a good walloping  in time with the music we exchanged admiring glances.

I later met her and and another playful lady on the dance floor, I was wearing a bikini...but that wasn't going to slow my dance moves down! Feeling all GLAM #bitchez in my HOT pink bikini and gold chains. I thought I would class it up a bit with makeup, big gold rings, like I was a ghetto bikini clad LA, Long Beach girl. To my surprise, my outfit worked well and I was on the receiving end of lots of compliments that night - it was hit with the ladies. It definitely gave me a lot more confidence to attend another gender bender night. CLUB RUB was my first one!
 



From stepping in through the front door of the The Garage in Highbury & Islington,
and seeing Miss Kim in her pink fluffy outfit, as a ‘glammed up’ drag queen, and admiring every other gender bending outfit that night, I was in blissful heaven.

I immediately felt at ease with everyone who made an effort, which was pretty much everyone in the room and on the dance floor. Men would compliment each other on their outfits as they grabbed a drink from the bar, waddling back to the dance floor in their heels.


Just before leaving, in the changing rooms, a man was saying how astonished he was that he had managed to gracefully remain in his “stripper heels” for so long, the whole night in fact! He wondered whether maybe it was the alcohol that had helped him out, by not noticing the pain and awkwardness of the heels, or just maybe, he felt at ease at Club RUB’s Gender Bender night and it’s chilled atmosphere, that he could walk around unheeded and without inhibitions.
 He did have stunning legs I must point out as I admired him from a far.







Club RUB’s Gender Bender, SWTICH night was a right laugh, something you don't get to do often, and I am glad I made it down. Thank you Miss KIM for the invite and putting on such a glamorous and spectacular event!


I can't wait for the next themed night, it's so much fun to dress up!


Fetish gender benders, transvestities and drag queens are welcome any month.

Location: The Garage, 20-22 Highbury Corner, London N5 1RD. 


Club RUB “Putting the Fun Back Into Fetish Since 1996” http://www.club-rub.com/



Dates for 2016:
Jan 23 Twins
Feb 20 Tartan and Kilts
Mar 19 Uniforms
Apr 23 19th Birthday - Animals
May 21 Dolls & Cuties
Jun 18 Red Hot Summer
July 16 TBA
Aug 13 Medical theme
Sep 10 TBA
Oct 15 Gothic Victorianna
Nov 12 Annual Rubber Awards
Dec 10 Christmas


page3image15320 page3image15480

No comments:

Post a Comment