Thursday 10 September 2015

MEXICAN DAY OF THE DEAD





Outfits and accessories are one of my passions. With a little bit of creativity you can stand out from the crowd.  

This Mexican Day of the Dead look was created with Club RUB's 14th Birthday event in mind which will take place in April 2011.

First I started with a black lycra hood. This one is the cheapest I've found.  Then I made a paper template by cutting out a basic shape and putting on the hood that I was wearing that way you can get a true idea of the size it needs to be and the position. I use a square of white felt which you can get from any craft supplier. Using a polystyrene head I pinned the cut-out skull-shape on the lycra hood and hand-sewn it into place.

Using a glue gun I stuck crystals in the teeth area. On the forehead, in between the eyes, I stuck a paper filigree heart that came off a Valentine's card my fella gave me.

The rose head garland was made using a wide plastic headband from any £1 shop. The red roses I got from a discount shop. Any high street has them. Or these roses. A hot glue gun is an absolute  'must-have' as it secures the roses in place instantly. I added crystals to the tips of the roses using Superglue. Alternatively you can add glitter glue to the tips of the roses.

Here are a few images to inspire.



No comments:

Post a Comment