Sunday 18 October 2015

Bed and Breakfast

Love to sleep and my bedroom is divine. But breakfast is the reason I rise. My 'favourite meal' is the first of the day. As the popular quotation goes. "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper." Quote from Adelle Davis. She went on to say, "We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are."



I have jumbo organic oats cooked for eight minutes on the stove. I always add fruit such as grated apple and some cinnamon. Frozen berries which are useful to cool it down. Soft fruits like banana, melon, strawberries with a drizzle of honey. Sultana's are good for emergencies.




Of course, if I could eat what I wanted and not have to worry about my weight, health or finances, I you go for a high protien option - the Full English. Or Eggs Benedict, as I love Holiandaise sauce.





The Americans have a great way of adding bacon to a stack of pancakes, which is wickedly good.




Time for sleep...in my super kingsized bed. Not only do I have a down-filled mattress topper, but memory foam on the top of my matress too. I only use white cotton sheets at are above 500/700 thread count sheets. The sort you get in a five star hotel. I like a cold room for sleeping but a warm bed with an electric over-blanket in the winter. My duvet is down filled and as light as a feather :) A heavy weight jacquard woven bedspreads sits at the bottom for particulary cold night.

There's a choice of four different pillows on my bed. A hard one for propping me up whilst watching TV or reading the newspaper on a Sunday morning. A feather one and two differnt weights of foam.

I've never slept on a bed as comfortable as mine. I sleep so well. I am the 'Princess and The Pea' - Zzzzzzzzz!














No comments:

Post a Comment