Saturday 17 October 2015

Glastonbury

Glastonbury 2009 was special for me because of two things; the music and I camped for the first time1 I stayed for six days too!

Saw Lady Gaga twice. The first time I was right at the very back of the Other Stage and she was but a pin prick in size. She came on stage wearing Atsuko Kudo latex clothing. I texted Simon & Ako and told them so! Then the second time at the secret gig on the Dada stage in Shangri-la. I was at the very front this time (in fact I can see my hat in the film below). Here I am with Vicky waiting for Lady Gaga. I asked a guy behind to take a photo and he kindly emailed it to me. That's the Glastonbury spirit.



The Correspondents I saw at about 1 am the next night. I'd never seen them before and I was absolutely transfixed. The singer, who looked like the 'child catcher' danced like a whirling dervish and I loved the hip-hop meets swing style vocal.

Then DubFX impressed me phenomenally too! It was the following day just as the sun was going down on the Arcadia stage (last film at end. Notice the steam coming out of the metal tree) and the light & flame show was powering up. Didn't quite get what I was seeing and hearing at first. I was looking around for the band then I realised it was just him and his amazing voice.

The Correspondence.






No comments:

Post a Comment