Monday 19 October 2015

Mi Casa

My house is in Sunny Spain near Tarragona on the coast. I go between three and six times a year. Even thought it's Northern Spain the sun nearly always makes and appearence. I go every Easter and usually the last holiday of the year is early October. My sister has lived in Barcelona for 29 years so it's a great opportunity to get together as it's only 90 minutes away. The train only takes 85 minutes to the centre of Barcelona!

I'm the only Brit on this development. The airport which is Reus is 20/25 minutes drive.




The sun shines on the property all day as it's south facing. The garden is South/South West facing.
The pool in right in front of the garden gate. The kids swings are the other end of the pool - thankfully! It's nearly alway very quiet. However, I never go in the six weeks holidays. Well, not yet!

There are three trees; a huge fir tree and two others. I wish I knew what they were called. Here is my favourite one which is beautiful when the pink flowers are out. I also chose to plant a lemon tree which has so many flowers on it (April 2011). So I may get some fruit after 8 years.

Another fragrant 'must have' was the Jasmine. Which smelt divine at Easter. The red 'Bottlebrush' shrub looks small next to the patio table...but how it's grown! That trifid is a honeysuckle and it grows like mad!








It's not huge with just two bedrooms but there is a dining area that seats six. There's nothing like dining al fresco though. In fact, the dining table hardly ever gets used.




Interior has two sofas. Two large chests where I store all my stuff when I'm not there. No cable TV but there is a DVD player. Anyway who wants to watch TV?





I have a great pool. It's too cold at Easter but as the summer moves along it warms up. Here's Liz rescuing the umbrella after it blew away!





For the interior decoration I've gone for is African Colonial. However, it's difficult to get the idea from these photos. Flash bleaches out the mood! Of course, the plants faux but they would have to be really - who would water them?

I leave paints at the house. Still working on the picture below. As you can see the Bull Fight painting is done and on the wall now.




I love the fact the house has shutter on all the windows. It keeps the summer heat out. Great security too.

Lots of my friends have been over the years. There's quiet a selection of books now.

Tim came a couple of years ago and we went hiking in the mountains which are at the back ot the house. He's action man!




Here's Paul inebriated in the garden last year 2011. We played back gammon and he read! Also with Ian & Jake in Oct 2011. There are lots of Monestaries and religeous places of interest. We did lots of those.




Joanna and I riding horses on the very same mountains Tim and I hiked up. Gorgeous views.



Late summer 2009 Denzil, Tony and Paul came to stay. What fun that was playing Uno and drinking on the patio. Especially fun making a crown for my queen. The highlight being a day on the beach at Sitges. They came again in 2014.




This Easter 2011 my American friend Gerry was over to Spain to see his old ma' who lives in the neighbouring town Reus. We all went for dinner, he came to stay for the night and the following day we went to Mora, which is old stomping ground.


A few years ago now I went to my house with Miss (with camera). During the holiday we went to visit some friends who live down south near Valencia - Paul and James.


The Motley Crew; Liz, David T and Frances...probably the best laugh I've had with folks at my house. Hilarious.



Mr Neil A. caught me out with the sprinkler!



Other lovely friends that have enjoyed my house are Janet & James, Lorraine, James S, Stevie C, Leon, Rob and Annette, Rob and Sue, Hoxton John, Liz, Fareena, Myla, Gill, Charlie and James, Myla and D & Maud. 

Who wants to come next? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment