Monday 19 October 2015

R.I.P. Dear Friends

Nine in one year, the last being Pete on June 28th 2013.

He had such a lovely, warm, smiley, caring guy who could often be found on the dance floor at Club RUB. He gave great hugs. R.I.P. sweet man.




El Nino - Lady Luck Club - R.I.P. June 25th 2013

It is with great sadness we lose the great and unique El Nino. A legendary rockin' DJ and promoter, he was one of the first to be involved and organised many of the best vintage events in London, including the Black Cotton Club and the Lady Luck Club. Such a stylish cool cat, but always a gentleman.

I met Nino Degruttola, my fellow club promoter, 26 years ago when I first moved to London and found the rockin' scene. I learnt how to jive and back then Nino often threw me around the dance floor. I feel privilidge to say that Nino was the person I'd known the longest period since I came to London in 1986. He was so easy to speak to and always happy to see me. A chance meeting could mean that you would still be talking an hour later. Funny but I remember all the times I spoke with him as I think I was a little bit in oar of him. Such memorable visits to his very cool house in Southgate, many years ago too. So tragic to be taken from us so young, and so quickly.

Nino DJ'ed at Club RUB a couple of times when we had a Rock and Roll theme. He enjoyed the fetish scene to a small degree.

His unique events have been continually copied over the last 18 years. His style too. Even if you never met him, you will have seen the face of this dapper man, as he was continually photographed all over London. The influence of El Nino and his partner, Lady Kamikaze (Tomoko), will be a lasting legacy - with us forever.

My thoughts go out to Tomoko, his wife, family and friends. Nino was still friends with the guys I met quarter of a centry ago and I know they will be heartbroken. My thought are with them, as friendships run deep.

Photos from Facebook.





Nick Williams - Dom-estics - R.I.P. May 31st 2013 (Tribute below from Miss KIM)

Jayne  - Stunners Club - R.I.P. May 30th 2013 (Tribute from Ritzy Crackers below)



Butch - R.I.P. May 27th 2013.



Jean-Nicol Chelmiah - R.I.P. May 12th 2013.


Paul Shurey - Tribal Gathering - R.I.P. April 14th 2013 (Tribute)

Velda Lauder - Corsetier R.I.P. March 16th 2013

Steve - Arousal Club - R.I.P. Feb 12th 2013

Tribute to Nick from Miss KIM:

Many of us on the fetish scene knew Nick as the big friendly bear from his Domestics stall at London Fetish Fair, Club RUB, Birmingham Bizarre Bazaar, Brighton Twisted Market and London Alternative Market. He was always smiling and ready with a cheeky comment. But we loved him for that, as he was always positive and upbeat. About three years ago I asked Heather at the London Fetish Fair if she knew anyone that would come along to Club RUB and bring a stall of CP implements. She suggested Nick, so with lots of huffing and puffing he brought his wares to our British Empire themed event in September 2010. Straight away we got on and I said can you come every month. I think he only ever missed two Club RUB events! Nick was a close friend and would give me advice and lots of support for Club RUB. On our return to Dukes Bar, I asked him to meet me and offer his thoughts. Nick didn’t live in London, but that didn’t stop him from meeting me there. 

About a year ago he decided to lose weight. Nick was by no means a lazy man. He started walking and working-out. He lost 4 or 5 stone quickly. Nick threw himself into this adventure and was getting a steady weight reduction in recent months. The last time I spoke to him at length was on the morning of his first ‘proper’ photo shoot with Just James at the Murder Mile studio. He was very excited about the shoot with Charlie Buckitt. He dropped by my home with some cuffs I had ordered. Thank goodness he did, as it feels like I said goodbye. Rest In Peace Nick.
Written by Miss KIM x


Tribute to Jayne from Stunner Club from Ritzy Crackers:

"If it wasn't for jayne I probably wouldn't be here right now...... she was like a Auntie to me who took me in under her wing as one of her own....... she had a very big Hart and in my eyes and I'm sure pretty much everyone here today would totaly agree she changed the transgender & straight community giving a safe haven for everybody to mix to be themselves and not get or be judged for who or what they were.............there are so many different stories and memories I have of jayne like when we made the Stunners sign back in 2000 that now hangs behind the Dj booth..............And if you were there or at any one of the parties you will know what I meen when I say OH BABY BABY.....or YES DEAR that was always followed with a frown or a peer over the top of her glasses with a smile depending on the response or nature of the conversion just had. ........I remember jayne telling me that when she was little she lived with her auntie in the country for while who was a milliner......and jayne used to dress up and sing to the cows in the field at the end of the garden .....and the times we drove down to Brighton pride in a hired luton box van with 8 or more Trannys in the back trying to put their faces on to look there best....for when we pulled up on the beach and make an entrance..... their was never a dull moment we always ended up having parties on the beach after the party in Preston park.although we've lost a truly unique, amazing and Stunning individual I think that 30th May should be known as Jayne's Day and her life should be Celebrated because her legacy will always live on in our hearts, we all have our own memories of jayne,jayne was a Honest truefull, friendly,loving caring person and a legend who at some point has changed all of our lifes in one way or another.... and will always continue to inspire us all ...thank you to everyone here today and those unable to be here in person jayne would be so proud to have known you all x


No comments:

Post a Comment