Thursday 12 November 2015

Trip To Hastings

There's nothing like a trip to the seaside...even in the autumn.

My darling friends have a huge house on the very top of Westcliffe in Hastings. It's a work in progress but it looks a treat already, and can't wait to see it progress.




I was there for the first weekend of November 2015, which was lovely and mild. Although it was lightly raining on the Friday afternoon as I arrived.

We made the best of the weather on the Saturday, even though there were only a few light showers, by working our way around the thrift and junk shops of Hastings Old Town. Stopping for lunch in a very cute cafe, where I had the best cheese scone 'ever'!

The trip back, up the very high hill, was a delight as we journeyed in the funicular railway. The original wooden carriage was charming, and the ride far to short for my liking.




My charity shop finds were six metal pudding bowls, the ones with the blue rim, for £2 each. A charming metal teapot for £2.50 and a historical novel for £1.

Mine hosts made a wonderful meal in the evening, for a 'glamour of ladies', four of us to be precise. A roaring log fire glowed whilst we enjoying show tunes played on YouTube and drank pudding wine.

I rose early on the Sunday and took myself off to the beach to watch the seagulls flying around the boats. The tall black sheds that house the fisherman's nets were somber looking with a hint of Gothic.





Later that morning I returned, once more round to the same area, but with my hosts. We ambled around then met a family who live in Hastings for Sunday lunch. The proper stuff. I had lamb with ALL the trimmings and the portion was huge. I was told the sister bar is indeed just down the road from me in London and is called Dragon. Gosh I wish they served the same level of food. It would be my 'go to' every Sunday for a roast lunch.

After and ice cream on the seafront, the trek back up the hill and home...it was time to go and catch my train. Can't wait to go back to charming Hastings.

Miss KIM
http://www.club-rub.com #fetishdresscodeclub 
http://www.rubbercult.com #rubberonlyclub
http://hood-lovers.com #hoodonlysite



No comments:

Post a Comment